In a worrisome, troubled world, people took comfort when President Hinckley said, in his fatherly, assuring way, "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out."

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunbeams

Ok, contrary to some tabloid accounts, I was not abducted by aliens nor was I conferring with Stephanie Meyers on my top secret roll in the next Twilight movie.
I have been alternating between playing with my Christmas toy (More on that later) and teaching three year olds on Sundays. I have spent many years teaching Primary kids on Sundays, but for a few years now I have been leading women's groups. (just bigger kids really) Anyway it is taking me a while to get used to teaching little ones again, but I love it. Three year olds are like Mexican jumping beans they can't be still for a second. Their attention span is shorter than a gnat's. I use lots of visual aids, games, and roll playing to try to keep them somewhat under control for an hour. After which I send them back to mommy and daddy with a handout explaining what the lesson was "supposed" to be about in the hopes that their parents can get them to listen for a few minutes. I have 7 little darlings in my class; four boys and three girls. some have just barely turned three and some are almost four but will stay in my class until next January. At this age there is a wide range of development which keeps things interesting. Really though they are so sweet and I do love teaching. I come home exhausted, but by next week I'm ready to see my little Sunbeams.

Tomorrow I will share my new toy with you. Hint: Think awesome scrapbooks, cards and sooo much more.

1 comment:

Fru-la-la! said...

I WANNA see the new toy!!!!!!